Card Making Club
We all can use a little more JOY in our lives!
Put down your phones, take a break from social media and connect with friends and family the old fashioned way - through mail! Bring JOY to someone's life by sending them a handmade card filled with a personal message.
No more last minute runs to the store! This club will help you create and/or expand on your card stash. All occasions will be made throughout each month.
This club will be the First Thursday of each month
Each month includes:
- Kits to make 5 original cards including envelopes
- Don't like the monthly colors? We will have different papers, accessories, stamps, etc for you to choose from - making the cards in whatever style you prefer
- Learn 1 new technique in card making in order to master your card making craft
- We guide you step by step on how to assemble each card
- 1 Bonus project
- Fun and laughter with fellow card making enthusiasts!
Here are some fun stuff you will learn along the way:
- Types of cardstock
- Adhesives & when to use which ones
- Make your own card bases
- Folds - Fun, fancy, 3D and more
- Stamping techniques
- Working with Inks and alcohol markers
- Embellishments like glitters, washi tape, rhinestones, etc.
- Using fabrics
- Die Cutting techniques
- Much Much More!
When: First Thursday of each month 6-8pm
Where: Makity Make DIY craft studio at 203 S. Main St. Algonquin, IL 60102